This week, in our topic on Ancient Greece, we will be looking at the Greek Olympics. We will be comparing the modern Olympic Games to what the Greeks used to do. We would like the children to prepare some information on the following questions:
- When did the modern Olympics begin?
- Why do countries participate in the Olympics?
- How often do the Olympics take place?
- Where do the Olympics take place?
- Who can take part in the Olympics? (gender, season, race – think about the Paralympics)
- What events occur in the modern Olympics?
- What do people wear in the modern Olympics?
- Has anything unusual happened at the Olympic games?
The children will be using this information in their lesson on Monday.