This term, our topics in English, History and Geography centre around Ancient Greece. We will be looking at many elements of Ancient Greek life. We would like the children to research just one small element of the ancient Greeks to share with their class at the start of the project. Some ideas for this MIGHT be:
- Tell a story from Ancient Greek times
- Choose a famous Ancient Greek figure – either real or mythical and discuss them.
- Look at a type of Ancient Greek art work and discuss it ( sculpture, painting, pottery)
- Research an Ancient Greek nation such as Sparta or Athens and discuss it.
- Research an Ancient Greek god and discuss their powers.
- Research a key event in Greek history and discuss it such as the battle of Thermopylae.
- Mythical Greek creatures
These are just some ideas that could be used. If the children have something different linked to Ancient Greece that they would like to investigate, this would also be useful.