We have recently been studying parenthesis in class. The children have been learning about three ways of showing parenthesis. we would like the children to complete the following:
Write a definition of what parenthesis is and show the three ways of punctuating it. The children will need to then apply their understanding and add parenthesis to these examples:
- The football match went into extra time.
- The boy had forgotten his PE kit.
- She combed her hair as she gazed into the mirror.
- James is an outstanding footballer.
- Did you leave your bag in the classroom?
- My family are buying a new pet from the pet shop today.
- Mathletics is how we do our maths homework.
- He grew up in a street in Northampton.
- The train pulled away from the station.
- Year 6 is when we get to go to a theme park.