This week, we will be focusing on verbs. These can be quite complex so we would like the children to complete the work in stages. There are several things that the children need to understand, this homework should help:
- What is a verb? Write a definition and give five different examples.
- What is the simple present form of a verb? Give some two examples to show your understanding.
- What is the present progressive form of a verb? Use the two examples from number 2 and write them in the simple progressive form. What do you notice about the end of the verb when it is in the simple progressive form?
- What is simple past tense? Can you convert your examples from number 2 into simple past tense?
- What is the past progressive tense? Can you convert your examples from number 2 into past progressive tense?